Going Away Card - Up Style!
Hello again! Today I wanted to share a cute going away card with you. I drew my inspiration for this card from another super cute card by The Crafty Owl A friend of mine is moving across the country and when I saw this idea I thought the idea was just too cute to pass up!
[Compensated links to supplies and affiliate advertisements linked inline and in the sidebar of this post are provided at no cost to you]
You can find the canvas here: Going Away Card - House with Balloons - 5x7
For this card I used
- My Cricut Cutting Machine
- Card-stock scraps in red, blue, dark purple, gold glitter, and Kraft
- (1) sheet of white craft foam
- (1) 8.5x11 sheet of white card-stock
- white thread
- a black pen (compatible with my Cricut Machine)
- red embossing powder (optional - cut the roof and door with your machine if preferred)
- a small round embellishment for the doorknob
As with most of my canvases so far, this one is pretty straightforward. However, I did decide that I wanted a little bit of depth on this card so I cut the same pattern that is used for the sky onto a piece of white craft foam. I used that to raise the blue "sky" off of the white card-stock base. I used the positive space "clouds" left over from the foam cut to raise the balloons and house off the card a little more, giving the final piece a lot more dimension. I hope you enjoy this card and have fun adding your own spin to it!