Happy Mother's Day!
This year I made it a point to finally get ahead of the game and make my mom and mother-in-law the pretty cards they deserve!
Today, I'm showing off the result with these two super simple cards. They make use of plain bold colored card-stock, a few embossing folders, and an electronic die cutting machine.
[Compensated links to supplies and affiliate advertisements linked inline and in the sidebar of this post are provided at no cost to you]
What you need:
- An electronic die cutting machine (I use Cricut because I love the quality of the machine and it is super easy to share projects)
- A scoring stylus for your cutting machine
- A pen compatible with your cutting machine
- (2) 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of bright white card-stock
- (3) sheets of solid, bold colored card-stock (a 6x6 piece of each color is all you need)
- (1) 2 ft length of ribbon, string, or raffia
- Embossing/Die Cutting Machine (I use the Sizzzix Big-Kick)
- (3) of your favorite embossing folders (the one's I used are linked below)
Darice® Embossing Folder - Damask Background - 5 x 7
Darice® Embossing Folder - Henna - 4.5 x 5.75
Darice® Embossing Folder - Leafing Tree - 4.25 x 5.75
Darice® Embossing Folder - Polka Dot - 4.25 x 5.75
- your favorite adhesive
- This Cricut canvas:Mother's Day - Bird Card
This one is super easy.
1. Cut the canvas linked above
2. Emboss the birds wing and the white front panels
3. Trim each of the vine pieces in half
4. Arrange and glue!
If you don't have a Cricut machine, you can probably still find similar shapes available for the machine you own.